Monday, June 22, 2009

Wheewww...


Last week... a bit much. Long, long hard miles. Tuesday was a series of 3 minute progressive VO2 max intervals. The results were good: 280, 310,325, 354, and 376 watt efforts up Torrey Pines. Wednesday was the Cyclovet's Highline ride, on which Gary showed us a detour up the dirt fire roads, very cool! I logged in over 6 hours. Thursday, was to be a solo ride up the Great Western, but I ran into Josh (Swami's) and Rob (Cyclovet's) and had some well appreciated company. I did put in several 10 minute efforts of 281, 338, 312, and 285 watts with 4 minutes rest between. I felt pretty strong pulling up to the house after another 6.5 hour day. Friday on the other hand... I couldn't even pull myself up on the bike for a slow recovery ride. Saturday was another 4 hour ride, and Sunday a painful 6 hours in the saddle... all told nearly 28 hours and 370 miles. Uff Da!


All this as the final prep for the Mount Evans Hill Climb(http://www.bicyclerace.com/index.php). It runs from Idaho Spring, Co ( Ev. 7555'), 27 miles to the top of Mt. Evans (Ev. 14130'). It climbs a total of 6915' up the highest paved road in North America. Coming up from sea level it's going to be nothing but pain. I did this race a few years back, and I remember my body all but shutting down by the time I hit treeline, there's just not enough oxygen. Should be fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment