Sunday, October 18, 2009

Off Season

Okay, I finally burned out a few weeks ago. I'd been training for my last race of the season... the Everest Challenge; 29000' of climbing over 180 miles and 2 days... a worthy goal; and was getting more and more exhausted.

It was too much, that along with some drastic changes at work, threw the race out the window. So, I called it quits on 2009 and took some time off.

It was harder than I thought.

Seems like the guys out here really don't take time off, they simply train all year - and they seem always get stronger and stronger... so the group rides have been somewhat trying. Spinning small gears while everyone flies by in their 53's is a little hard on the ego. Fortunately (and by fortunately I mean unfortunately) work stepped in and demanded additional attention.

But 2010 beckons... base training begins Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment