Saturday, March 13, 2010

Tour of Murrieta: Day One

Friday morning was the first day of the Tour of Murrieta, which wound up being a 20K Time Trial around Fiesta Island, go figure. Start time was 7:02 for me - fourth one off, so I arrived by 6:15 am to grab my number and get warmed up.

I pulled out my trainer, my I-Pod and proceeded to spin out the legs. I'd be riding the Time Trial without the benefit of a proper TT bike, or even aero bars, so really wasn't looking for a fast time.
After my knee injury I didn't want to push too hard, the strength isn't there, plus the time off the bike has slowed my fitness somewhat. No sense in overextending myself, just get some training in before the Omnium.

I felt pretty relaxed as I rolled up to the start, that was until I realized that I was about 3 minutes late - number 511 was rolling out and I was 504. So I wound up being DFL. Hmmm, not a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment