Monday, November 29, 2010

Holiday Week

I was able to get a few more days of riding in over the past week, toping out at just over 300 miles and 20 hours. Monday was a long ride up the coast through Oceanside / Vista and back through Rancho Santa Fe; Wednesday's east county ride; Thursday's Thanksgiving ride with the Swami's crew up the San Luis Rey course; Saturday's Swami's "A" ride; and Sunday a solo ride from Escondido to Ramona and back. Lots of climbing in really, really cold weather for San Diego. Temperatures in the 30's left me scrambling to find all my old Colorado gear.

I've put on a few pounds over the past month, but I'd be hard pressed to place the blame on too much Thanksgiving gorging... it more due to increased muscle mass from the big gear turning (at least that's what I'm telling myself). The climbing fitness is coming well and I seem to be on track for the early season races. This year the calendar seems to be filled with a few more Stage and Road races and I'm excited to try my hand (legs?) on some outside of California.

On the equipment front, Cody sent out a set of the EPC cycling kit last week. It's some of Pearl Izumi's premium gear and you can really tell the level of quality and construction from the first time you wear it. Really nice stuff.




No comments:

Post a Comment