Saturday, April 10, 2010

Omnium Report: Stage 1 Time Trial

So, the first stage of the 3 day Cyclo-Vet Omnium was an 8.2 mile Time Trial around Fiesta Island. More or less flat, but some wind. It's a course that I've done several times, including last year. Eric loaned me his Felt TT bike - amazingly fast bike in the right hands... mine are not the right hands. Still, it definitely helped me set a faster time.

After a fairly long warm up, I headed out to the start gate. I tried to keep the power fairly even for the first lap, Arnie had recommended keeping the effort at tamer for the first lap and then ramp it up for the second.

I must admit that I never felt terribly comfortable on the bike -not helped in anyway shape or form by a wonky seat clamp. First lap went... okay, 10:20 by my count. On the second lap I was passed by the only rider to do so, Marlo - as she started her 1st lap, absolutely flying...

Second lap was very painful, finished a bit faster in the 9's. Total time was 20:07, good for 12th pace and 5 points.

No comments:

Post a Comment