Saturday, May 8, 2010

San Luis Rey


So, SLR didn't go as smoothly as I would have liked. It was my first race as a 4 and the field was twice as big as my previous racing forays. Two laps in we were still 40 riders strong. If I learned one thing at this race it is to not hang out at the back of the group. Moving up on the climbs was all but impossible with the centerline rule in effect.

On the third lap a rider ran into me from behind... We both hit the ground, I thought he was the one worse for wear, but he managed to climb back on and scamper away. I, on the other hand, wound up walking my bike back up the hill, at least until my leg seized up.

The tally for the day: one broken handlebar, two out of true wheels, one deeply bruised thigh, one bleeding calf, and one defeated bike racer.

No comments:

Post a Comment