Saturday, April 11, 2009

Status

One of the good things about last weekend's Time Trial, actually the only good thing, was that I was able to get some useful data; namely my Lactic Threshold Power and my Lactic Threshold Heart Rate.

I already had a pretty good idea of where my Heart Rate Threshold sits... somewhere north of 180bpm and south of 188bpm. It's a little high for my age, something that at first glance might seem to be a reason for congratulations, but - I won't go into it here - really isn't. The Time Trial pegged it at 184, right where it should be.

As for the Power portion of the equation, you take the average power output for a 20 minute Time Trial - in this case 303watts and multiply it by 93% - which kicks out a Threshold Power @ LT of 282watts. My "Lactate Threshold Zone" becomes 256 - 296. Stay within this bracket and I'm loving life, outside of it and it's not a pretty sight. This is a little below a test I did a month earlier, but I'll chalk it up to the change to a more aggressive TT position on the bike. Dividing the Power @ LT by my weight give me approximately 3.7 watts/kg.

So three numbers to remember: 184 bpm, 282 watts, and 3.7 watts/kg.

Not exactly Lance Armstrong territory - we'll see where we end up at the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment