Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Swine Flu ?

Been feeling a little under the weather for the past few days - no appetite, no strength or endurance; enough so that I skipped the Dana Point Gran Prix - and no celebratory mocha @ JC Beans either! Still, I managed to get some riding in, long slow. Felt better today and so headed out to Fiesta Island for some interval work.

The goal was 4 10 minute efforts at 95-102% LTHR with 3-5 minutes recovery between. The breakdown went down like this:

  • Interval 1: AvgHR: 170; AvgPW:304; AvgCad 97; AvgW/Kg 3.87
  • Interval 2: AvgHR: 170: AvgPW:270; AvgCad 98; AvgW/Kg 3.44
  • Interval 3: AvgHR: 167: AvgPW:274; AvgCad 80; AvgW/Kg 3.49
  • Interval 4: AvgHR: 176: AvgPW:293; AvgCad 86; AvgW/kg 3.73

Man, a little slacking in the middle! Finished strong at the end... The good thing is that my weight is dropping and my power is increasing - I'm not sure if that's how it's supposed to work, but who's complaining. Need to crank it up a notch for Mt Evans.

At lunch I took a quick trip up Mt. Soledad; a bit of sharp headwind and some soreness from the morning ride ensured a slower time, but still posted a sub-13min effort and an average Power of 322 watts. I'll try an "official" TT up it next week.

Tomorrow is the Wednesday Cyclovets ride out to east county, 75 miles+ and 5800' of climbing. Good Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment