Friday, May 15, 2009

Beans and Burritos: Vol 2

Azucar


Fridays tend to be a slower day for me. Cody typically schedules an easy ride - a "Coast and Cappuccino" ride.


This Friday I took it even easier and headed out to Ocean Beach, actually it was more of an excuse to swing by one of my favorite coffee shops, Azucar.


Azucar is at the head of Newport Avenue, Ocean Beach's main drag. It specializes in Cuban pastries and coffees. Everything from cakes to cookies to scones to flat press sandwiches - good stuff.


Of course I chose my usual - a double espresso. For a little fuel I grabbed a tomato / egg / and cheese quiche - very tasty... for you meat eaters out there they make a version with ham.
Pick out one of their outside tables, grab the Union Tribune, and drive into the crossword - a prefect break for a lazy Friday morning ride.
I've tried some of their pastries, but haven't tried their Flan de Queso, Cinco Leches, or Turron de Havana, but those are just excuses to go back.
After wasting a half hour or so pretending to be a Euro Pro, ride down to the beach to check out the surf before heading up to Cabrillo for some climbing intervals.
Life's good in San Diego!

No comments:

Post a Comment