Monday, May 25, 2009

By the Power of Greyskull....

A long, long week behind me. A missed endurance ride last Sunday meant moving it to later in the week and thus driving my weekly mileage to over 300. The added length along with over 20,000 ft of climbing made for a painful Monday morning - and intervals tomorrow... only makes you stronger, right?

Last week's intensity did allow me to retest my LT Power ratings. The chart to the left works well for calculating out your Power Training Zones. Basically, you do a 20 minute TT on either a flat or slightly uphill course - frankly I find it much easier to hit a higher Average Power on an incline. 93% of your Average Power for this test is a good measure of your LT for a 60 minute TT. The section titled "sweet spot" is what you can pedal in for hours - good stuff. These results come from the Wednesday ride up Highline Truck Trail; not a dedicated TT attempt. So, this week one's in order. The big news is that in the past 4 weeks I have increased my LT by 9 watts. So, with the loss of (or maybe in spite of) nearly 10 lbs, the training gets a gold star. We'll see about an updated LT this week.



No comments:

Post a Comment